Tuesday

Midnight in Paris

The other night I went and saw Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. It was a beautiful movie. It's whimsical, nostalgic and unapologetically shows off Paris. It was a close to a holiday as I'm going to get this year, and it was nearly as good :p

Image source
Owen Wilson was surprisingly good. I guess I always pigeon-holed him as the goofy type, but he was charmingly neurotic in Midnight in Paris.

There's been some criticism that Midnight in Paris is too corny, but I found that the nostalgia the film emits prevented it from slipping into cheesiness. If you like realistic movies, this probably isn't the one for you.

Image source

If you can't make it to Paris this year, go see Midnight in Paris instead. Oh, and brush up on your Lost Generation literature before you go.

4 comments:

  1. I need to see this movieeee!!!!
    You just made me want to go see it even more.
    I was a little worried about the whole Owen Wilson thing... lol

    Great blog lady.

    Liv<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven''t seen this movie, but I love that first photo!

    -V

    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls. It was a great movie, I was longing to go back to Paris every scene.

    ReplyDelete