Wednesday

Breakfast Strawberries

I'm not really a breakfast person. But let me clarify that statement...

I love going out for breakfast (or brunch). Especially if it involves bacon, pancakes, and maple syrup (preferably together). But breakfast at home is just not my thing. I don't drink milk, so no cereal and I find toast kinda boring. I have been known to skip breakfast on many days.

The other day I picked up a few punnets of strawberries on special. They were big, red, juicy and delicious-looking.


I decided to stew them (my way, which is in the oven).

Add sugar. Bake in the oven at 180ÂșC for 20-30 mins.

Served with some Harris Farm natural yoghurt (it's amazing... thick and creamy), they make the perfect breakfast. Stewing them (or more aptly baking them) creates this thick strawberry syrup that's DELICIOUS!


I've been having them for breakfast every day and I'm nowhere near sick of them.

What do you eat for breakfast? I really need some suggestions that will keep me interested in 'the most important meal of the day'.

And if you're hungry for more strawberries, there's plenty more juicy ones on my Pintrest board.

2 comments:

  1. wow, lovely strawberries i love this post!
    makes me wanna eat some of this red fruits <3

    I hope you will follow my blog because i'm following yours right now!

    www.thechicstyler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were very delicious. I'm hopping over to your blog now!

    ReplyDelete